T3 Tony's Tech Talk Blog

Misc. Info - mostly on High Tech Stuff! Blog posts and podcast show notes. A companion site to my website: http://www.techsavvyguru.com

Your Favorite Computing Magazines

Saturday, May 07, 2005

Will the New Dual Disc Make You Buy More Music?

I purchased my first Dual Disc CD/DVD - Springsteen's Devils & Dust. I only got it because it was the new Bruce CD and not because of the DualDisc format. I have yet to play the DVD side for the extra features for the 5.1 Surround Sound version. What I do like about the format is: I can rip the CD to itunes for use on my ipod, then pop the DVD into my juke box changer for the special features and 5.1 versions. Will I buy more? Only if it an artist that I buy everything they come out with.

From: Digital Media Thoughts

I've been reading a lot of information about the new Dual Disc format and how the RIAA hopes it will make more people buy music on discs rather than download it on the Internet. Frankly I can't see any benefit that these discs bring to the table other …

Link to article...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|