T3 Tony's Tech Talk Blog

Misc. Info - mostly on High Tech Stuff! Blog posts and podcast show notes. A companion site to my website: http://www.techsavvyguru.com

Your Favorite Computing Magazines

Friday, December 10, 2004

Yahoo! News - Yahoo to Begin Testing Desktop Search in January

Yahoo! News - Yahoo to Begin Testing Desktop Search in January
There are many players in this market now or coming in the near future. It will be interesting to see how they can differentiate their offerings and what the pricing models will be. Free (w/ ads), subscription, etc... The article mentions Google, now Yahoo, Microsoft, Ask Jeeves but it fails to mention Copernic Desktop search. It was just announced that mama.com is buying Copernic.

I am using Copernic now and it is doing the job for me. I unistalled Google Desktop for now. I would most likely give the Yahoo! one a try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|