T3 Tony's Tech Talk Blog

Misc. Info - mostly on High Tech Stuff! Blog posts and podcast show notes. A companion site to my website: http://www.techsavvyguru.com

Your Favorite Computing Magazines

Thursday, October 28, 2004

Google Buys Digital Mapping Company - Keyhole

Google Buys Digital Mapping Company
Very cool people! I checked out the trial of the Lite (LT) version of the software for personal use. I found my house and neighborhood on the aerial photos. When you zoom out and plot the names of streets, it could be a good way to provide directions to somewhere.

No word yet on how this will be rolled into Google, but let me search for addresses and see aerial photo maps for free and I'll take a few ads for nearby businesses on the side of the page.

Check it out. I may blog some more about it when I try it out at home. Post an image of a map or something like that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|