T3 Tony's Tech Talk Blog

Misc. Info - mostly on High Tech Stuff! Blog posts and podcast show notes. A companion site to my website: http://www.techsavvyguru.com

Your Favorite Computing Magazines

Monday, November 15, 2004

Yahoo! News - Blinkx Unveils Smarter Desktop Search

Yahoo! News - Blinkx Unveils Smarter Desktop Search

I will have to check out this program. I guess once you get over the indexing of your hard drive, it couldn't hurt to have multiple search programs on the same machine. i.e. Google Desktop search, this one, and the new MSN search one which I also need to take a look at.

1 Comments:

At 1:51 PM, Blogger Tony said...

Thanks for the comment. I tried Blinx but had problems on my machine with the app crashing and I never got it to index more than 15 files. I was very impressed with what I saw and now I want it to work for me... but not at the expense of one by one trying to find out if another program is conflicting with it somehow. As soon as I get some time I am going to use the System Restore feature of XP and go back prior to the first time I tried to install it - and try it all again - clean. If that doesn't work, I will probably just do without until an update past the 2.0 version.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

|